WHAT IS IT?A 2 day off-road cycling event with timed special stages
WHERE?Cilycwm, Nr Llandovery, Carmarthenshire
WHEN?RESCHEDULED Saturday August 22nd &
Sunday August 23rd, 2020 (TBC)
ENTRY FEEEarly Bird - £89
- plus booking fee
Electric Hookup - £25 (Very Limited Number) Event Hoody - £25 (pre-order only)
CATEGORIESOPEN - Ages 16 to 39
VETERAN - Ages 40 to 49
GRAND VETERAN - Ages 50 to 59
SUPER VETERAN - Ages 60+
All categories are based on riders age on 31/12/2020
Accurate Electronic Chip Timing
Camping from Friday to Monday
Event HQ facilities & parking
Full route marking
Family & Friends welcome
Prizes for category winners
Bike wash facilities
First aid support
Saturday night entertainment including live music
Well stocked feed stations
2019 ROUTE IN BRIEF
(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Friday, August 2110:00
Saturday, August 2206:11
Kids & Family Activities
Faster Finishers Expected Back
Evening Entertainment Starts
Sunday, June 2306:12
Faster Finishers Expected Back
Monday, August 2412:00
But if you have a mountain bike, cyclocross bike or even a single-speed fat bike tandem then you are welcome!
Electric hookups for caravans & motorhomes are very limited, but available as an extra.
Bins will be on site but there is no chemical waste disposal available unfortunately.
The distances each day will make battery life a challenge, requiring you to carry multiple batteries. You would also not be eligible for category prizes and would not be able to assist other riders in a way that would give them an unfair advantage.
With new systems, such as the Fazua it is becoming far more possible and we want to be as inclusive as possible. So long as you understand the potential limitations, you can enter.
Expect good quality, tasty and nutritious food that will keep your energy levels up. There is pizza too! :)
Castles, dragons, nature, history - we have the lot!
- Anyone found to be riding under another person’s entry will be instantly removed from the results. It is a breach of our event insurance and we can not accept anyone who has not entered and is riding in their own name.
- Helmets are mandatory. Anyone caught riding without a helmet will be removed from the event immediately.
- Technical assistance from a non-racers must only permitted at feed stations. Bikes changes are not allowed.
- Riders are free to help each other while out on course, but swapping bikes is not allowed.
- All styles of bikes are allowed and there is no restriction on tyre or wheel size.
- e-bikes are allowed, but will not be eligible for prizes. Motor pacing behind an e-bike on timed stages is not allowed. It is the responsibility of the rider alone to manage battery life.
- Littering is not allowed and any rider caught leaving litter will be immediately penalised
- Anyone caught missing a section of the course will be disqualified immediately.
- Anyone caught dropping litter on purpose will be immediately disqualified. This includes discarding gel wrappers.
- Anyone who disobeys a marshall will be disqualified immediately.
- Anyone caught overtaking dangerously will have a 2 minute time penalty as a first offence and disqualification as a second offence.
- Anyone who break any rules and laws while riding on public highways will be immediately disqualified. We ask that all riders ride in a manner that is safe and courteous at all times.
Riders can ensure that no stone will be left unturned to ensure everyone is grinning from ear to ear throughout the weekend.